Venue: Raw Umber Studios
- February 17, 2020 - February 20, 2020
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
This four day workshop is ideal for beginner, intermediate and advanced artists who would like to gain experience in painting the figure from life in oils. No experience is necessary – there is a maximum of 10 participants and the tutor will customise the course according to your individual needs.
In this class, you will learn:
- How to create a figure painting from start to finish
- The importance of gesture and anatomy in figure painting
- The importance and principals of drawing, values, edges and colours
- How to mix colours and paint realistic flesh tones
- Which brushes to use when, and how
Painting the figure can be overwhelming at first. In this course you will learn a structured, reproducible approach, starting by blocking in big shapes and then gradually moving to the details. You will gain confidence in tackling this complex subject, and improve your observational skills along the way.
This course is taught by Luca Indraccolo. Luca was born in Naples and trained in Florence and London. He currently lives and paints in Malta. You can see more of his work on his web site.
This course has a maximum of 10 participants.