Venue: Raw Umber Studios
- June 2, 2020 - June 4, 2020
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
This three day workshop is ideal for beginner and intermediate artists who would like to gain experience in painting the portrait from life in oils. No experience is necessary – the class size is small and participants and the tutor will customise the course according to your individual needs.
In this class, you will learn:
- How to create a portrait from start to finish
- The importance of gesture and anatomy in portraiture
- The importance and principals of drawing, values, edges and colours
- How to mix colours and paint realistic flesh tones
- Which brushes to use when, and how
Painting a portrait can be overwhelming at first. In this course you will learn a structured, reproducible approach, starting by blocking in big shapes and then gradually moving to the details. You will gain confidence in tackling this complex subject, and improve your observational skills along the way.
This course is taught by Sofia Welch. Sofia is a classically trained artists whose paintings are in private collections throughout the UK. You can see more of her work on her web site.
This course has a maximum of 10 participants.