Venue: Hamilton House, Bristol
- August 14, 2019 - August 16, 2019
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
This three day workshop is ideal for beginner and intermediate painters who would like to gain experience in painting the portrait from life in oil paint. No experience is necessary – there is a maximum of 8 participants and the tutor will customise the course according to your individual needs.
In this workshop you will create a life-size head and shoulders colour portrait.
You will learn:
- How to create a portrait from start to finish
- The importance of gesture and anatomy in portraiture
- How to create an underdrawing / raw umber wipe-out
- The principals of colour mixing
- How to create a colour study
- The importance and principals of drawing, values, edges and colour
- Which brushes, paints and mediums to use, when
This course is taught by Lizet Dingemans